Re: Forward references

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 19:49:19 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| Hum...general rule ?
|
| Isn't all the business of output a forward reference ?

Yes, that's true.

| Don't we say that step at the same level see each other outputs (so
| backward AND foreward) ?
|
| Don't we say that p:log could reference any output (once), so to speak
| even the one declared after

Yes, I was just wondering if we wanted to make the p:output come first.
Now I'm guessing probably not :-)

| Where do you see it as a general rule ?

Well, in particular, p:declare-step and imported pipelines have to
come before the steps they define are called.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | I often marvel that while each man
http://nwalsh.com/            | loves himself more than anyone else, he