Re: unnamed ports

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:51:59 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk> was heard to say:
| Does the set of readable ports include unnamed ports?  2.7 says that
| the readable ports are step name / output port name pairs, which
| doesn't work for unnamed ports.  The sections also says that "the
| default readable port .. is a specific step name /port name pair from
| the set of readable ports", but the default readable port may well be
| unnamed.

Indeed. I added the following to the first point of the environment:

  As a matter of completeness, an unnamed primary port can be thought
  of as having a unique step name/port name pair that is known only to
  the implementation.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | As a general rule, the most successful
http://nwalsh.com/            | man in life is the man who has the best