Re: Microcomponents, match and select

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:43:29 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
| To summarise:
|
| 1. Options that return values other than nodes must be expressions.
| 2. Options that identify nodes relative to a non-document context node
| must be expressions.
| 3. Other options should be patterns.

So I think the net-net is that we should use match patterns everywhere
except where the semantics of the component or option require the use
of an expression.

Right now we have 'target' on: delete, insert, rename, replace,
unwrap, and wrap. I think all of those should be match patterns.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | "I" before "E" except after "C":
http://nwalsh.com/            | simple, concise and efficeint.