p:set-attributes

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:29:04 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| 1.11 Set-attributes
|
| The set-attributes step sets attribute values on the document element
| using the attribute values provided on the document element of the
| 'attribute' port's document. That is, it copies the attributes on the
| document element from the 'attributes' input port to the document
| element of the 'source' input port.

Do we really need this?

If we do, should we make it p:copy-attributes and have it not delete the
originals (if you want to delete the originals, you can do it with a
preceding step).

And should we add a "target" option so that the attributes can be set
on any element not only the root element?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.