Re: Error vocabulary

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:01:29 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

> There's no way to expect complete uniformity of error reporting across
> all steps, so I don't think we should try to make the error reporting
> vocabulary very complicated.

I wouldn't want to make this vocabulary overly complex, but I suggest
we provide default way to specify where the error comes from (URI,
line, column; e.g. information from a SAX Locator). This will
encourage component developers to include this information in their
errors, and in turn make the life of pipeline authors much easier.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/