Re: standard components edits

> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | So that's it !
> | We finally arrive at the point, I was fearing at the beginning
> [...]
> | A simple typing "à la XSLT" would suffice for 99% of the case
> |
> | a default type of XML and it has to be connected to a XML type (you
> | have nothing to precise in this case)
>
> If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting that ports be
> "typed". So some ports are "text" ports and some are "xml" ports. You
> can only connect together ports of the same type.
>
> How does that actually solve the problem at hand? By having multiple
> ports?

> Then you need co-constraints.

Definitely no

> Or maybe you're thinking that ports
> should be polymorphic? So the "schema" port of the component accepts
> either "xml" or "text" depending on what sort of output its connected
> to.

Yep as XSLT can output text or xml depending on the stylesheet

> That still leaves the question of who decides what's actually flowing
> through the pipe and how and when.

ok good question :
I think, we could do some sophisticated dynamic detection, but I won't
go this way and will sketch a simpler one

The user has to manually type the flow if it is **not** xml

that is it is an error to have anything else than xml in a default
(non explicitely typed otherwise) flow

so for example, if the xslt stylesheet output "html" or "text" you
have to explicitly says that the output flow is text, or it is an
static/dynamic error because by default it will wait for xml

So some component would output text flow and so the input connected
should be waiting for text

so with respect to XQuery : there will be a load(type=text), that will
load the query and connect it to the query input port of the p:xquery
component by explicitely typing the input as text
In this respect the component, will know it has a text as input which
is the query

I say that, because :
1) if we go the embedded-in-xml way, we will have to type it afterward
when XQueryX would become a rec (if it becomes of course)

2) And for Relax, we would need an extra component, which is really ugly

3) And we didn't solve the XSLT output "text" or "html" case anyway !!