Re: standard components edits

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:46:01 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 4/13/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> I have a strong preference for "transform"... but I'm not going  arm
> wrestle you for it.  :)   Anyone else?

I would go with "stylesheet".

I can't find a strong argument for or against "transform" or
"stylesheet" in the XSLT specification: the root element can be either
xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform and the XSLT specification starts with
"A transformation in the XSLT language is expressed in the form of a
stylesheet". So it seems to be a wash.

My preference for "stylesheet" comes from my perception that most
people are calling that "XSLT document" a "stylesheet" rather than a
"transform" or "transformation"; so "stylesheet" just seems more
natural.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/