Re: standard components edits

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:54:31 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| I've made the following edits:

I've published an updated specification which includes these edits
at http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html

| * Added secondary port to xslt & xslt2

I have a *strong* preference for naming the stylesheet input port
"stylesheet" and not "transform".

| * Add support for non-XML relax syntax

I propose that we add an optional "p:load-relax-ng" step that takes no
inputs, a required "uri" option, and outputs a RELAX NG grammar. It
should be spec'd to say that it can load either the compact syntax or
the full syntax.

Otherwise, I think we wind up needing co-constraints on the
validate-relax-ng step that I'd as soon avoid.

| I'm having trouble getting a good copy of the spec produced... stylesheet
| woes.  Hopefully Norm can update the spec before our call tomorrow.

Well, not before given my ISP problems, but done now.