Re: p:catalog

On 4/5/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> > So what is the difference with Catalog then ?
>
> While caching has been declared dead, this is a great solution
> for a user of a pipeline in that they can run two separate pipelines.
> One produces a set of documents that are put into the catalog
> or cache and the second uses that cache via an implementation
> defined feature.

Would someone provide a reference to a description of the Catalog
feature discussed here?

In an off-line discussion with Mohamed, he mentioned the related
proposal he made a few days ago. For a number of reasons, I don't feel
comfortable with the idea of systematically intercepting components
writing to a URI to making that content available to other components
in the same pipeline under the same URI. However, I feel much more
comfortable with the idea of explicitly mapping a URI to a
pipe/document/inline for a specific step. And I don't have any problem
if support for this feature is component and implementation dependent.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007Apr/0002.html

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/