Re: Dependency management (again)

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:45:06 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
| code Norm wrote? Should it be considered invalid? Should the execution
| order in this case be implementation dependent?

I think it should be implementation dependent. If the steps didn't
have side effects, the order wouldn't matter. In V1, I'm content to
abdicate responsibility for side effects.

Implementations that want to offer synchronization control can do it
with extension attributes or elements. If, at some point in the
future, we determine that one or another implementation got it right,
we can come back and standardize that in V.next.