Re: Do we need computed parameters in V1?

Norman Walsh wrote:
> Long ago, I had thought that we would allow parameters to contain
> documents. Having ruled that out of scope for V1 at the August f2f, I
> wonder if we need computed parameters at all in V1.
>
> I'm sure people will find a way to use them if we do, but if we don't
> will they be prevented from solving any problems in the 80% case?

While we could fabricate something, we don't have a good use case in
our requirements & use cases document that requires it.

What I found interesting was Jeni's examples of computing parameter
values from different parameters and not inputs.  They didn't actually
get values from inputs but instead just choose between two parameter
values using some expression.

Maybe we could address that issue and remove the need for expressions
to handle that case?  Then we can push computed parameters on inputs
to a future version.

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity
of the inflexions, i.e. to the degree of analysis effected by the
language considered."