Re: Add an @as in p:import-parameter

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:22:10 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
| Is it frequent to have stylesheets that take such a large number of
| parameters? I am quite reluctant to include to the XProc language a
| feature only to support a infrequent and unusual use cases, especially
| if that feature promotes an inferior programming style.

I don't think it's uncommon for stylesheets to take a variety of
parameters and I don't think it's going to be uncommon for pipeline
authors to want to be able to pass command line parameters to those
stylesheets.

But I'm not going to lie down in the road for this feature. I'm
tempted, myself, to use a "document of parameters" approach instead
anyway.