Re: Minimal requirements for XPath usage

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:12:13 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Hi Henry,

Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> I have an action to say something about my preferences for how XPath
> expressions work

OK, so you want XPath expressions to be evaluated with the root node of
the default input as the context node. That sounds reasonable to me.

How do you think we should support the following scenarios? "We
shouldn't in v1.0" is an acceptable answer:

(a) Steps that are conditional on the content of documents that are
produced by previous steps in the pipeline.

(b) Steps that are conditional on the number of documents in the default
input.

(c) Steps that are conditional on a test that involves two inputs (e.g.
does the xml:base attribute on the document element of one input match
the superDoc attribute on the document element of the other input).

Cheers,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison