Re: Minimal requirements for XPath usage

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:55:10 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|  <pipe>
|   <step process="xsdValidate">
|    <input name="schemaDoc" href="my.xsd"/>
|   </step>
|   <step process="xslt1.0">
|    <input name="stylesheet" href="my.xsl"/>
|   </step>
|  </pipe>

This pipeline has implicitly a single, anonymous input document.
Some of the other examples we've discussed have had explicit input
documents, for example,

  <pipe>
    <input name="document"/>
    <input name="schema"/>
  </pipe>

Is it your view that we shouldn't allow pipelines like this in 1.0? If
not, do you have a view for how to generalize the syntax you've
outlined?