Re: Inputs and outputs

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:53:43 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

This is quite a thread! Instead of answering individual messages, here
is a reaction to some of the comments in this thread:

1) I agree with Norm's proposal that using
declare-input/declare-output/input/output is a better option than
input/output/with-input/with-output.

2) On the issue of naming steps vs. naming outputs, my preference is
still for the latter. My rational was exposed here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2006Jun/0037.html

3) I agree with Jeni who is saying that <p:for-each> and <p:choose>
don't need to be self contained and that we should allow references to
names declared elsewhere in the pipeline.

Alex
--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/