Re: Inputs and outputs

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:16:31 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Alex Milowski wrote:
> Actually, we could make it like XPath by adding our own axes for
> steps, inputs, outputs and whatever else we want:

> This might be become import to components who want parameters to refer
> to particular input or output ports.

I really like the concept (specially axes), but my concern on confusing
this XPath-lookalike language with real XPath remains. Or even worse,
binding parameters to particular output port fragments (if I understood
correctly what you've meant), would mix non-XPath with real XPath, e.g.:

my-xslt/output::result/rdf:RDF/rdf:Description/@rdf:about

Or did I misunderstand that "parameters to refer..." bit ?

Cheers,
Rui