Re: Inputs and outputs

Rui Lopes wrote:
> Norman Walsh wrote:
>> I've switched to Richard's naming style, which is my 60/40 favorite at
>> the moment, though I'd use "/" instead of ".".
>
> I'm a bit concern on using "/" if Richard's naming style is going
> forward, as users may be confused by perceiving names as XPath
> expressions, since we're going to have those expressions (at least) on
> p:choose.

Actually, we could make it like XPath by adding our own axes for
steps, inputs, outputs and whatever else we want:

step::my-xslt/port::output

where the default axis is 'step' and so the short
form would be:

my-xslt/port::result

to reference the output port named 'result' on:

or, maybe we distinguish inputs and outputs:

my-xslt/output::result

and so the inputs could be referenced by:

my-xslt/input::document
my-xslt/input::stylesheet

This might be become import to components who want parameters to refer
to particular input or output ports.