Re: Use Case 5.15: Parse and/or Serialize RSS descriptions

Alessandro Vernet wrote:

> Alex,
>
> On 7/12/06, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
>> The component defines an output called 'result'.  That element maps
>> that output name to a name that can be referenced in the pipeline.
>
> OK, got it now. But still, as mentioned in my previous email, I would
> find it easier to understand if it was:

I've been consistently using 'name' to label things and 'from' to
refer to things that have been labeled.  Changing the 'name'
attribute to 'label' in all places would be consistent.  While
I prefer 'name' here, I'm not against using 'label'.

> Again, this is a purely syntactic consideration, but what would you
> think of:

>        replacement="parsed" label="final">
>        <!-- Parameters here -->

The 'label' attribute would be the the output?  Yes, I had
considered that and didn't rule it out.  I just made one
choice over the other.  I'd be OK with such an attribute.

Again, I'd like the choice of 'label' or 'name' attribute to
be consistent.  Here is a case for something more specific (e.g.
label).

> What is different:
>
> 1) Change as discussed earlier for the <p:output> inside the step.
> 2) Label on <p:for-each> instead of <p:output> inside the
> there would be a <p:output> but no <p:input>.

Yep.