Re: Use Case 5.27: Integrate Computation Components (MathML)

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:50:08 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Alessandro Vernet wrote:

> 1) How do we deal with components that have multiple outputs?
> 2) In a step, the names are defined by the component and but the
> output names are chosen by the pipeline author. Doesn't this create an
> inconsistency?

Looks like a flaw in how I setup the output element.

I think it should look like:

That follows how I'm using the 'from' and 'name' attributes.

The name used in the 'from' on the output would be defined
by the component.  The value of the 'name' attribute would
be used to make that available to other steps in the pipeline.

I think this would then allow multiple outputs.