Re: Use Case 5.29: Large Document Subtree Iteration

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Alex Milowski writes:

> Why over == input an attribute, but output an element?

The for-each iterates over a sequence of elements identified by the
XPath in section.  The 'over' attribute specified the input
against which the XPath is evaluated.  The 'to' attribute specifies
the input to which the iterated item is bound (as a new document).

> Who consumes this?  I.e. where's the connection from this to 'final'?

Well, in this case, the output isn't necessary as the *PIPE* element
as a default primary output.  That default output is used for
the iteration.

The input should have been:

> Otherwise, this seems v. close to what I would have, except for what
> I said before, that <pipe> seems unnecessary here.

Here the the PIPE gives a default primary input and output and the
semantic that things happen in *sequence*.

If you only had one step, or didn't care about the order, you could
have something like:

collect="section-transformed">

...that is, you need to know explicitly the output you are collected as
the replacement for the 'section' elements.

--Alex Milowski