Re: XDM blog entry

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:17:51 +0000
To: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
CC: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Alex Milowski wrote:

> This is very tempting.  I don't think our discussion of a design
> principle based on infosets and their extensions precludes this.
>
> I also think we have a requirement to support XDM.
>
> In the end, if we end up with a specification for pipelines
> that says "we use XDM between components", I don't think we violate our
> design principle.

After another reading pass through the first draft of requirements and
use cases, I've check that from the 28 use cases listed, I've counted,
at least, 8 use cases (correct me if I'm wrong) that directly need
pipeline support from an augmented data model.

These use cases mainly address HTML and text files (de)serialization
issues, and the XQuery/RelaxNG factors. Do we want to support these use
cases? Or should they be discarded/postponed?

As XDM can provide support for these use cases, I say "support XDM".

Rui