Re: XDM blog entry

Erik Bruchez wrote:

> All,
>
> I thought I would mention the blog entry I wrote a couple of days ago on
> the subject of using the XDM as the data model for the XML processing
> model. Don't expect anything fancy, it's just a summary of my current
> ideas on the subject:
>
>   http://www.orbeon.com/blog/2006/01/15/data-model-for-xml-processing/

This is very tempting.  I don't think our discussion of a design
principle based on infosets and their extensions precludes this.

I also think we have a requirement to support XDM.

In the end, if we end up with a specification for pipelines
that says "we use XDM between components", I don't think we violate our
design principle.