Re: Editorial comments on 2 Feb req draft

Norman Walsh wrote:

Good edits in general.

> Suggest:
>
> An XML Pipeline is a set of Steps. The XML Pipeline defines the order
> in which these Steps are applied; the input, output, and parameters,
> for each step; and the final result. This definition is provided in
> terms of order, dependencies, or iteration of steps over XML
> information sets.

Here "the final result" is a little unclear to me. It could imply that:

1. There is a "result" (document?)

2. There is only one.

Say we are talking about inputs and outputs dealing with infosets for
now. There certainly may be a resulting infoset, but there could also be
none or more than one (for example, an XPL pipeline may have no output
or multiple outputs). This does not mean that the pipeline does nothing:
it can also have side effects.

-Erik