Re: Requirements Document Updated

1) In the definition for Step (in Terminology), we say: "A step is a
specification of how a component is used in a pipeline that includes
inputs, outputs, and parameters". As the term "parameters" is not well
defined and I would prefer to talk here about "inputs and outputs"
only, "parameters" falling under the broad category of "inputs".

2) In the definition of "XML pipeline" we also use the term
"parameters". Here I assume it means "inputs and outputs". If this is
the case, I suggest we replace in this definition "parameters" by
"inputs and outputs".

3) In "4.6 Standard Names for Step Inventory", we say that "the XML
Pipeline Specification Document must have standard names for steps"
and then list some examples like XSLT or XQuery. I think that here we
meant "names for components" (instead of steps).

4) In "4.8 Validation of XML Pipeline Documents by a Schema", we say
that an "XML Pipeline Specification Document must be able to be
validated by both W3C XML Schema and RelaxNG". First, there is a
reference to the XML Processing Model Requirements document, but I
don't see this requirement there. Second, it is not clear to me what
the intent of this requirement is. Do we want to say that we'll create
a schema (even non-normative, like XSLT 2.0 does), or that the
language should be designed so it can be fully validated with XML
Schema (I hope not!), or something else?

5) Requirement "4.10 Allow Naming of Pipelines": there is no
corresponding use case, and before we can discuss this, I think this
should be clarified.

Alessandro

--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):