Foreach, Viewport and Choose and another way to default

From: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:01:41 +0100
To: "XProc WG" <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

It seems in those cases that we add an unneeded surrounder wrapper
because we don't care about the name

so what about

  name = QName
  select? = xpath expression>

the same for viewport and for choose and when

== Defaulting ==
And it seems like, some more times the defaulting story could be about
the name of the in/output

In those case an option could be to allow

input|pipe|document instead of just input
output|pipe|document instead of just output

may it could seem bizarre, but it's a way when we don't need a wrapper
to keep the semantics and xml less verbose

Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris