Re: Minutes for XProc WG telcon of 6 Apr 2006

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:20:48 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Norman Walsh wrote:
> Right. That's what we decided last week. You'd have to say:

>    <true/>

>     <!-- perform some debugging tasks -->
>
> We might decide that we need something simpler for this case.

Well, if we want consistency between steps and pipelines, I believe we
should allow the definition of simple parameters (i.e. booleans,
integers, etc.) in a pipeline, the same way it has been talked regarding
steps parameters. Having this helps on defining a standardized
sub-pipeline processing component.

Also, having pipeline parameters defined in in name/value pairs eases
their assignment in pipeline execution environments (e.g. ./xproc
mypipe.xml -Ddebug=true).

When more complicated parameters are required, they may be defined the
way you propose.

Cheers,
Rui