Re: Minutes for XProc WG telcon of 6 Apr 2006

From: Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:49:11 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

>   Conditionals and sub-pipelines
>
>    Norm: Richard proposed a single standard conditional that takes a document
>    and an XPath, is that enough?
>
>    Norm wonders if the WG thinks that's all we need
>
>    Henry: If you need something really complicated, you can write an
>    arbitrarily complicated computation that produces a document.
>    ... And then switch on that conditional.
>
>    Proposal: The pipeline conditional component is XPath expression over
>    document. If you need more, build a document and use that?
>
>    Accepted.

I've been thinking a bit more about this issue. On the assumption that
we allow specifying pipeline parameters (like step/component parameters
- which I would like to have in the language), shouldn't we allow
conditionals over these parameters? I wouldn't like to have to produce a
document for activating a simple debug flag inside an XProc-based
application, for instance.

Rui