Re: Associating HTTP headers and bodies

Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>     In a multipart message, the first set of c:header elements
>     that are the children of c:request are the headers to the
>     multipart message. The headers inside the c:multipart element
>     are associated with a particular message part. Each multipart
>     body is represented by a c:body preceded by some number of
>     c:header elements. These preceding headers are associated
>     with the body part in the multipart message.
>
>   So before going further, is it a typo in the content model, is
> it me not understanding the content model or the prose, or is it
> something else?

Total screw-up by the editor. That got left behind after we cleaned
things up. My new understanding is:

1. The c:headers in a c:multipart are for the multipart message.
2. There is no way to associate arbitrary headers with an individual c:body
3. The headers on each c:body are mapped as follows:

   c:body attribute      header
   ----------------      --------------------
   content-type          content-type
   encoding              content-encoding
   id                    content-id
   disposition           content-disposition [!!! added today !!!]

   There's no way to add any other headers and if there are any other
   headers on a multipart reply, they get dropped on the floor.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Debugging is 99% complete most of the