Re: Associating HTTP headers and bodies

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:49:39 +0100
To: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Cc: XProc Comments <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
2010/1/7 Alex Milowski wrote:

  Hi Alex,

> If you look at section 6.1 of RFC 2387, you'll see that body
> parts only require Content-* headers. As of the current draft,
> that is all we support and it is sufficient for transmitting
> multipart/related content.

  Then I don't understand the current draft.  Well, I don't
understand it anyway.  I've just checked again 7.1.10.2
<http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html#c.request_body>
and I realize I misunderstood the content model of c:multipart.

  It is actually (c:header*,c:body+) when I always thought it was
(c:header*,c:body)+.  And I think this is also what the following
paragraph says (fifth para of this section):

    In a multipart message, the first set of c:header elements
    that are the children of c:request are the headers to the
    multipart message. The headers inside the c:multipart element
    are associated with a particular message part. Each multipart
    body is represented by a c:body preceded by some number of
    c:header elements. These preceding headers are associated
    with the body part in the multipart message.

  So before going further, is it a typo in the content model, is
it me not understanding the content model or the prose, or is it
something else?

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/