Re: Namespace hint

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:53:34 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
On 25 February 2010 13:56, Norman Walsh wrote:

>  If the try-namespaces option is “true”, the processor should attempt
>  to dereference the namespace URI to locate schema documents. If the
>  option is “false”, the processor should not dereference namespace
>  URIs.

> Suppose the attempt fails. I assume that that does not raise an error,
> it's simply ignored.

  Sounds reasonable.  But in the first time, I'd say that's rather
strange to try to dereference  target namespace URIs.  Resolving URIs
is implementation-defined, and furthermore namespace URIs should not
be treated as dereferencable I think (what if you have a URN instead
of a URL, btw?)

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/