Namespace hint

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:56:23 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Also on the subject of the try-namespaces hint, the spec says:

  If the try-namespaces option is “true”, the processor should attempt
  to dereference the namespace URI to locate schema documents. If the
  option is “false”, the processor should not dereference namespace
  URIs.

Suppose the attempt fails. I assume that that does not raise an error,
it's simply ignored.

Along the same lines, if the document is in no namespace, the hint is
ignored, I assume.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Whatever else we are intended to do, we
http://nwalsh.com/            | are not intended to succeed: failure is