RE: Document Templating Steps updated

From: <vojtech.toman@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:02:00 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
>   Congrats!  That's going to be a very useful step!  Especially
> the fact that nodes are not atomized when the expression appears
> within element content.  By the way, how are handled whitespaces
> in the following template?:

>              <root> {
>                 /some/sub/tree
>              }
>              </root>
>
>   Is there a text node with one space right after the opening
> root tag, and a text node with one linefeed and whitespaces right
> before the closing root tag?

In our implementation, you will get a text node (single space) before the result of the expression, and a text node (linefeed + spaces) after the result of the expression. The whitespace inside {} will be ignored.

Vojtech Toman
Consultant Software Engineer
EMC | Information Intelligence Group
vojtech.toman@emc.com