Re: Another take on versioning

Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> writes:
> So here's
> my dumb question: the only outputs that you need to care about are the
> ones that are connected, so couldn't a processor work out what outputs
> a step is supposed to have based on the connections to those outputs?

Could it?

Is this pipeline correct:

Is this one?

Is this one?

I think you could almost tell a story about versioning that didn't
require declarations because unless the new step (the one you don't
have a declaration for) is in a p:choose or a p:try/p:group, the
whole pipeline's bound to fail so you can exit early.

But I'm not absolutely certain that it's impossible to construct an
ambigous pipeline using p:choose when you don't know the declarations.

Still, given a couple of months to work it out, maybe we could get
there...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--