Re: Runtime semantics of p:try

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 07:40:29 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> Now, ehm, I just found another passage in the spec that seems to have
> the same problem (Section 2, Pipeline Concepts):
>
> "A pipeline must behave as if it evaluated each step each time it
> occurs."
>
> Again, the sentence does not take multi-container steps into account.

How so? The step, be it p:identity or p:choose, is evaluated each time
it occurs. In the case of p:choose, not all of the subpipelines are
evaluated each time, but we don't claim they have to be. Or am I
confused again?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Nothing ever gets anywhere. The earth
http://nwalsh.com/            | keeps turning round and gets nowhere.