RE: Runtime semantics of p:try

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:47:31 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
> Indeed. How's this?
>
>    The output of a multi-container step is the output of exactly one
>    of its subpipelines. In this sense, a multi-container step
>    functions like a compound step. However, evaluating a
>    multi-container step may involve evaluating, or partially
>    evaluating, more than one of its subpipelines. It's possible for
>    steps in a partially evaluated pipeline to have side effects that
>    are visible outside the processor, even if the final output of the
>    multi-container step is the result of some other subpipeline. For
>    example, a web server might record that some interaction was
>    performed, or a file on the local file system might have been
>    modified.

I think this clarifies things very nicely.

Now, ehm, I just found another passage in the spec that seems to have
the same problem (Section 2, Pipeline Concepts):

"A pipeline must behave as if it evaluated each step each time it
occurs."

Again, the sentence does not take multi-container steps into account.