Re: Handling Circular and Re-entrant Library Imports

[anon] writes:

>> I _think_ we said that import processing could be lazy, didn't we?
>> That is, only top-level imports get followed automatically -- nested
>> ones only get called if their embedding pipeline gets used.
>
> Hmm, really? I hope you mean lazy in the sense that all import-related
> errors can still be detected during the static pipeline processing phase
> (all p:import related errors are static).

No, I meant that the following is OK:

 <step1>
 </step1>
 <step2>
 </step2>

foo:
  . . .
  . . .

But maybe I made that up. . .

>> Furthermore, and arguably more important, nested imports are scoped to
>> the pipeline which embeds them:
>>
>>   "An import statement loads the specified IRI and makes any pipelines
>>    declared within it available to the current pipeline."
>
> Yes, I agree with that. I just wanted to say that the algorithm should
> also work in the case when it starts from within a nested pipeline.

Agreed.  And that's why the algorithm in Appendix G needs to be rewritten.

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk