RE: Handling Circular and Re-entrant Library Imports

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:58:42 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>
> > Since the algorithm is primarily URI-based, the spec should
> probably say
> > something about how to represent the nested
> p:declare-step/p:pipeline as
> > URIs, at least conceptually.
>
> I _think_ we said that import processing could be lazy, didn't we?
> That is, only top-level imports get followed automatically -- nested
> ones only get called if their embedding pipeline gets used.

Hmm, really? I hope you mean lazy in the sense that all import-related
errors can still be detected during the static pipeline processing phase
(all p:import related errors are static).

> Furthermore, and arguably more important, nested imports are scoped to
> the pipeline which embeds them:
>
>   "An import statement loads the specified IRI and makes any pipelines
>    declared within it available to the current pipeline."

Yes, I agree with that. I just wanted to say that the algorithm should
also work in the case when it starts from within a nested pipeline.