Re: XPath context...

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:

>> xmlns:bar="http://www.bar.com">
>>
>> That's not what xpath-context means. (And I fear it's too late to
>> change its name.)
>>
>> XPath context establishes the context *node* for XPath expressions.
>> The namespace context always comes from the node on which the XPath
>> expression occurs.
>
> OK, that makes sense. I was wondering about the namespace context, too.
> (Actually, one of the reasons why I have added the test was to see
> whether I understood it right or not... :)
>
> Perhaps section 4.4.1 (p:xpath-context) could be more explicit the
> namespace context.

I changed the first sentence to read:

  A p:xpath-context element specifies the context node against which...
                                                  ^^^^

And added the following paragraph:

  context node. The namespace bindings, in-scope variables, and other
  aspects of the context come from the element on which the XPath
  expression occurs.</para>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--