p:hash and xml:base

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 04:04:37 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

The new draft (28 January 2009) says the following about p:hash:

"If the expression given in the match option matches an attribute, the
hash is used as the new value of the attribute in the output. If the
attribute is named 'xml:base', the base URI of the element must also be
amended accordingly."

Is the sentence about xml:base really what we want here? I mean, do we
really want to use a hash value (which is essentially a hex string) as a
base URI?

...but perhaps this can be a useful feature. And besides, as I think
about it now, it is probably a better solution than forbidding using
p:hash on @xml:base...