[closed] Re: 2.7 XPath Extension Functions

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:01:56 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

> States
> The XProc processor must support a few additional functions in XPath
> expressions evaluated by the processor.
>
> Suggest
>
> An XProc implementation must support additional functions in XPath
> expressions as defined in this section.

No, I don't like that. It suggests, to me, that there's some special
constraint on implementations not otherwise imposed on processors.
The processor is what must support the additional functions.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A language is a dialect that has an
http://nwalsh.com/            | army and a navy.--Max Weinreich