Re: [closed] Re: p:http-request: authentication concerns

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:54:36 +0100
To: Vasil Rangelov <boen.robot@gmail.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
2009/12/18 Vasil Rangelov wrote:

> Though to be honest, if all enumerated option values were QNames, it would
> be nice indeed. The more extensibility hooks, the better ^_^ .

  I think XSLT had a clever approach to that, for instance for
xsl:output's @method.  It can be any QName except an NCName, which are
reserved for the recommendation itself.  So standard values are
simple, they look like simple strings, without any namespace stuff
overhead ("text", "xml", etc.) while an implementation can provide
more values in a clean way: by using a namespace-based mechanism.

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/