>From a user's point of view, I can live without it. Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Vasil Rangelov

-----Original Message-----
From: public-xml-processing-model-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xml-processing-model-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Florent Georges
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:46 PM
To: Norman Walsh
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: [closed] Re: p:http-request: authentication concerns

> Not before that spec is finished.

  Not sure my comment was clear.  I do not suggest to do anything
explicit regarding this draft.  But add something like "the auth
method 'token' is reserved for potential future usage by this
REC".  If not, I bet some implementations will use it as an
implementation-defined method (while other implementations will
use the other consistent words for the same spec).

  Another solution would be to define the value of the auth-method
to be a QName, and forbidding implementation-defined methods to
be in no namespace. (for now, this attribute is defined to be a
string, so the auth-method "ff .__+=1 1.%" is legal)

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/