Re: Namespace attribute for steps that take wrappers?

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:34:19 +0100
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
2009/12/1 Henry S. Thompson wrote:

>>   I think this is exactly the same context than with
>> xsl:element's @name and @namespace
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#xsl-element>.

> Hmmm.  I had forgotten about that precedent, if indeed I had
> ever noticed it.  I am not sure it's a good one to follow -- it
> means _inter alia_ that the value of the name attribute does
> not really have type QName, because that type _requires_ there
> to be a namespace declaration in scope. . .

  Stricto sensu, that cannot be a QName for real, as this is in
content.  The best we could have is a *lexical* QName.  In the
above case, we just say its URI part is looked up first in
@new-namespace if any, or in the in-scope bindings.

  I probably missed something, but I am not sure where the
problem is with this approach.

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/