RE: Possible problems with unsupported steps

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:34:31 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

> I'm happy to try to clarify the situation, but I think XS0044 covers
> both cases. If there's no declaration for foo:whatever, then
> it's an element
> child not allowed by this specification.

I guess it all depends on how you read the phrase "not allowed by this
specification". I just took the schema for p:pipeline, and then looked
at the definition of subpipeline. There it says that a subpipeline can
contain any number of p:standard-step or pfx:user-pipeline. There I
stopped.

But I can see where was the problem now... I should have read further,
because in sections 4.7 (Atomic steps) and 4.8 (Extension steps) it says
that "there must be a visible step declaration at the point of use"...
So I was probably wrong here.

But I still think that S0044 should make it more clear that it is not
only about the XProc schema...

(Side note to Mohamed: You don't have to revert my changes to the test
for XS0044, I will do it myself :-)