Re: Possible problems with unsupported steps

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

>> Hmm. I think perhaps the spec is unclear, but I believe the intent is
>> that a declaration must always be present. If the processor encounters
>> an element for which it doesn't have a declaration, then I think
>> that's err:XS0044.
>
> I had an interesting discussion about what XS0044 actually means some
> days ago. My understanding is that it is about what content the XProc
> schema permits inside the elements in the XProc namespace, in which case

>      <foo:whatever/>
>
> is perfectly fine, but:

>      <whatever/>
>
> is not.
>
> If XS0044 is meant also for reporting missing step declarations, I think
> the error description should be updated.

I'm happy to try to clarify the situation, but I think XS0044 covers
both cases. If there's no declaration for foo:whatever, then it's an element
child not allowed by this specification.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Time wounds all heels.