p:log on atomic steps?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:55:54 +0200
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
At present, p:log is only allowed on compound steps. Was this intentional?
I've been doing a little pipeline debugging and it seemed to me that

would be really useful to me. The expedient of putting the step in a group
so that I can define the log seems painfully convoluted.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | There are three difficulties in
http://nwalsh.com/            | authorship: to write anything worth the