Re: On the interpretation of match=

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 20:12:52 +0200
To: mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com>
Cc: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

2008/10/5 mozer wrote:

>>  About this example (matching a comment node), would it be an error
>> if the match expression matched both comment and element nodes?

> No I would be an error ONLY because it is matching a comment

  I am not sure to understand.  Let's say we have the follwing document:

    <root>
       <elem/>
       <!-- comment -->
       <elem/>
    </root>

  Will this step generate an error because the match pattern will
select the comment and text nodes, or will this only result in
renaming the second element? (ok, the example is pointless, but it
shows the issue):

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/