Re: On the interpretation of match=

2008/10/5 Norman Walsh wrote:

> I think the shortest argument why is that the BNF for an XSLT 2.0
> Pattern[2] (which we call an XSLTMatchPattern and still need to cite a
> little more carefully) cannot be empty.

  I would second that for the same reason.

  But I have a little question about your example:

  Do we agree this is equivalent to the following? (note the descendent axis) :

> The matched node is a comment and rename cannot
> target comments.

  About this example (matching a comment node), would it be an error
if the match expression matched both comment and element nodes?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/