Re: Errors in definition of XPath static context

"Florent Georges" <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>   But regarding the issue raised by Norman, I think you are right,
> what is in the current WD is correct, and is in the same spirit as
> the XPath 2.0 static context.

Yes, I concede that the errors were in my understanding :-)

However, Henry and I spent a little time on the phone, and I think
there is one small change that needs to be made to 2.6.2.1. The
definition of "Statically known namespaces" should not refer to
p:namespaces (since that can vary depending on the input document, so
isn't static.)

The good news is, neither Henry nor I can construct a case where it is
*ever* necessary for *the XProc processor* to use p:namespaces. The
p:namespaces functionality is provided so that expressions passed *to
a step* can be resolved by that step.

So the static context in 2.6.2.2 *is correct*, *is static* with
respect to each individual step, and *should* refer to p:namespaces.

In short, my proposal boils down to simply deleteing "or made
available through p:namespaces." from the Statically known namespaces
in 2.6.2.*1* (only).

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--