[closed] Re: Dynamic error for reporting XPath errors

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

> I may just be blind, but we don't seem to have an error code for
> reporting problems when an XPath expression fails to evaluate (invalid
> expression, unbound variable, etc.). Or do we have one?

No, I think you're right. I added this paragraph immediately before
Section 2.6.1:

<para>Irrespective of which version of XPath is used, all expressions
evaluated by XProc or passed to steps for evaluation must be valid XPath
expressions. <error code="D0003">It is a
<glossterm>dynamic error</glossterm> if an XPath expression is encountered
which cannot be evaluated (because it is syntactically incorrect, contains
references to unbound variables or unknown functions, or for any other reason).
</error></para>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--